Learn everything you need to know to start using Siemens STEP7 Professional today
Includes:✅ 40+ Siemens STEP7 Professional programming tutorials and videos
✅ Real-world exercises
✅ Course tutor support
✅ Certificate of completion
✅ Access to Siemens STEP7 Professional software
✅ Access to Siemens S7 PLC Simulator
Siemens S7 Programmable Logic Controllers are some of the most popular PLCs, worldwide and STEP7 Professional is one of the most commonly used software packages available and is used to program the S7-300 & S7-400 PLCs. These PLCs are the cornerstone of the Automation Industry and it's now becoming a necessity for Engineers (Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance) to have some form of PLC experience. Our self-paced, Siemens STEP7 Professional Programming eLearning course has been designed by Controls Engineers who actively use Siemens STEP7 Professional on the shop-floor with live processes to help provide you with the correct experience required for shop-floor Engineers to work with Siemens PLCs in today's industry.
To get started, select Add to Cart and then go to the Checkout to create your MyScantime student account and enrol today. Once enrolled you will be able to begin your training and further your skill-set to help improve your career opportunities.
Already enrolled onto our Siemens S7 & TIA Portal Programming? Contact us for your exclusive Voucher Code and get 30% off.
What You'll Learn
- Upon completion you will have designed multiple PLC programs from scratch using Siemens STEP7 Professional.
- You'll understand the basics of the Siemens S7-300 PLC including its hardware, addressing and wiring.
- You will be able to have scheduled access to the Siemens Simulator, allowing you to download your programs and monitor them live via Siemens STEP7 Professional.
- You will have created and structured your programs using Networks.
- You'll have an understanding of the most used instructions in Siemens STEP7 Professional and how you can incorporate them into your programs.
- You will have learnt how to create your own Data Blocks, Function Blocks, Functions and VAT Tables.
- You'll be able to complete Maintenance tasks such as Verifying and Uploading on a Siemens S7-300 PLC.
By the end of this course you'll understand the basics of Siemens S7 PLCs such as its hardware, wiring and programming components as well as being able to create your own PLC Programs using Siemens Organisational Blocks, Functions, Function Blocks and Data Blocks.
The Siemens S7 & STEP7 Professional Programming online course provides you with an understanding of Siemens S7 PLCs and the STEP7 Professional programming software including the background of the Siemens PLC, how and where they are used in today’s industry as well as setup and programming techniques. You will also gain an understanding of Siemens S7-300 PLCs and STEP7 Professional programming software including advanced programming techniques using functions, function blocks, data blocks and how to apply them in programming.
Throughout the course, you’ll have scheduled access to STEP7 Professional and the Siemens Simulator, where you will be able to download, monitor and test your projects, this is to ensure that you fully understand how to work with the software as well as being able to demonstrate how to design routines and programs in the STEP7 Professional environment.
What will you learn on our Siemens S7 & STEP7 Professional Programming course?
- What are Siemens PLCs?
- The background to the Siemens PLC range
- Understanding the Siemens CPU
- Understanding the Siemens PLC Assembly
- Understanding how to wire a Siemens PLC
- Understanding Siemens Addressing
- Understanding how to creating a New Project
- Understanding how to design basic programming routines with STEP7 Professional
- Understanding Siemens Communications
- How to download your Programs to a S7 PLC
- Understanding how to use the Siemens Simulator
- How to Archive & Retrieve Simatic Projects
- Understanding how to use S_ODT Timers
- Understanding how to use S_OFFDT Timers
- Understanding how to use S_PULSE Timers
- Understanding how to use S_ODTS Timers
- Understanding how to use S_PEXT Timers
- Understanding how to use SD Timers
- Understanding how to use SF Timers
- Understanding how to use SP Timers
- Understanding how to use SS Timers
- Understanding how to use SE Timers
- Understanding how to use S_CU Counters
- Understanding how to use S_CD Counters
- Understanding how to use S_CUD Counters
- Understanding how to use S7 Counters
- Understanding how to use One Shot Pulse instructions
- Understanding how to use Comparators
- Understanding how to use Set and Reset
- Using Maths inside of the S7 PLC
- How to monitor programs
- How to set up and use Retentive Memory
- How to set up and use Clock Memory
- Understanding Shared Data Blocks and how to use them inside of programs
- Understanding Instance Data Blocks and how to use them alongside Function Blocks
- Understanding how to design and use Function Blocks
- Understanding how to design and use Functions
- Understanding how to design and use VAT Tables
- Understanding how to Verify program backups are correct
- Understanding how to Upload programs from the S7 PLC
- Understanding how to use Cross-references and its benefits
This course includes scheduled connection to a Live Siemens S7-300 PLC via Scantime Servers and STEP7 Professional software as well as 24/7 unlimited course access, offline course manuals, access to the Scantime Video Library, Industrial Recognised Certification, interactive exercises and Course Tutor assistance.
Access to Siemens STEP7 Professional
Access fully-licensed Siemens STEP7 Professional programming software, free with Remote Access and use our 'how-to' guides to create your very own industrial routines and programs in the Siemens environment, once designed, you will then be able to download and test your programs on the Siemens STEP7 Simulator.
Access to the Scantime Siemens STEP7 Professional Video Library
Gain free access to several hours of videos covering Siemens STEP7 Professional, including creating New Projects, using Siemens STEP7 Professional Instructions and Tools as well as setting up Data Blocks, Functions Blocks, Functions, VAT Tables and more.
Interactive Exercises and Assessments with Reporting
Interactive exercises and assessments allow you to engage further with the e-learning courses, making your learning more 'hands-on', upon completion of assessments you will also have the option to print out in-depth reporting highlighting incorrect answers for reference.
By learning with Scantime, you are learning with an Official EAL Recognised Training Supplier (Centre Code: C001368) who have helped train thousands of individuals and Engineers, worldwide from companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Royal Mail, British Engines, Pepsi and many more. Our courses are recongised by industry and are seen as flexible solutions to learning how to work with PLCs professionally to an industrial degree.
This training course includes theoretical and practical assessments for you to complete and send to your Course Tutor, upon completion you will receive an Official Scantime Training Certificate of Completion which includes a unique Student Number which references the Secure Document Locking Foil ensuring your certificate can be matched via our student database, this is for industry as proof on what course and training elements you have completed, these certificates are recognised by companies in industry, worldwide.