SCADA systems help interface the shop-floor with the PLC, learn how to start designing your own SCADA systems today
- 40+ SCADA programming tutorials
- Real-world exercises
- Course tutor support
- Certificate of completion
- Access to Citect MX4 software
- Access to Citect MX4 Simulator
To get started, select Add to Cart and then go to the Checkout to create your MyScantime student account and enrol today. Once enrolled you will be able to begin your training and further your skill-set to help improve your career opportunities.
What You'll Learn
- Upon completion you will have designed a SCADA Project from scratch with the inclusion of Date, Time and Genies.
- You'll understand the basics of the SCADA Systems including their hardware and setup.
- You will be able to access real SCADA programming software and its simulator to design and test your create projects.
- You will have created SCADA projects to correct quality standards.
- You'll have an understanding of how to setup Tags and assign them to Objects and Genies for dynamic control.
- You will have learnt how to setup Communications.
- You'll be able to complete Maintenance tasks such as Backup and Restore on SCADA Systems.
By the end of this you you will understand the basics of SCADA such as its hardware and programming components as well as being able to create your own SCADA projects using the tools available.
Our SCADA Programming for Industry online course provides you with an understanding of SCADAs and their software including the background of SCADAs and HMIs, how and where they are used in today’s industry as well as setup and design techniques. You will also gain an understanding of CitectSCADA programming software including advanced design techniques using Genies, Paste Symbols and Symbol Sets and how to apply them in programming. This course is primarily for people who will be working with SCADAs but also may be found useful to anyone interested in SCADA design.
Throughout the course, you’ll have access to CitectSCADA and Simulator for you to test your projects, this is to ensure that you fully understand how to work with the software as well as being able to demonstrate how to design objects and screens in the CitectSCADA environment.
What will you learn on our SCADA Programming for Industry course?
- What is a SCADA?
- SCADA vs HMI
- What is an IPC?
- SCADA in Industry
- SCADA Suppliers
- SCADA Terminology
- Installing CitectSCADA
- Running CitectSCADA
- The Example Project
- Running the Example Project
- Creating your First Project
- Creating a Template
- Creating your Startup Page
- Creating a Shutdown Button
- Adding a Page Title
- Creating Additional pages
- SCADA Configuration
- Adding a User
- Correcting a Record Error
- Adding a Cluster
- Compiling your Project
- Computer Setup
- Project Elements
- SCADA Tag Addressing
- Design Considerations
- SCADA Quality
- Building onto our Design
- Date, Time and 3D
- Startup Page
- Industrial Objects
- Using Genies
- Your First Tags
- Backup and Restore
- Creating a Project for your Client
- Process Control Screen
- Tagging your Project
- Connecting a SCADA to a PLC
- Changing Ports
Access to Professional SCADA Programming Software
Download CitectSCADA programming software and use our easy 'how-to' guides to create your very own industrial projects and designs in the Citect environment.
Interactive Exercises and Decision-making Activities
Interactive exercises allow you to engage further with the e-learning courses, making your learning more 'hands-on'.
Test Your Knowledge at Any Time
Test your knowledge of what you've been taught by completing assessments packed with interactive questions, upon completion access in-depth reporting to help you identify strengths and weaknesses in your skill set to help you improve.
By learning with Scantime, you are learning with an Official EAL Recognised Training Supplier (Centre Code: C001368) who have helped train thousands of individuals and Engineers, worldwide from companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Royal Mail, British Engines, Pepsi and many more. Our courses are recongised by industry and are seen as flexible solutions to learning how to work with PLCs professionally to an industrial degree.
This training course includes theoretical and practical assessments for you to complete and send to your Course Tutor, upon completion you will receive an Official Scantime Training Certificate of Completion which includes a unique Student Number which references the Secure Document Locking Foil ensuring your certificate can be matched via our student database, this is for industry as proof on what course and training elements you have completed, these certificates are recognised by companies in industry, worldwide.