Our structured eLearning provides you with everything you need to know to start using Siemens STEP7 Professional today and improve your career, based on the Industrial Experience from our Controls Engineers.
Already enrolled onto our Siemens S7 & TIA Portal Programming Series? Contact us for your exclusive Voucher Code and get 30% off.
What our Customers say
What You'll Learn
- Upon completion you will have designed multiple PLC programs from scratch using Siemens STEP7 Professional.
- You'll understand the basics of the Siemens S7-300 PLC including its hardware, addressing and wiring.
- You will be able to access the Siemens Simulator, download your programs and monitor them live via Siemens STEP7 Professional.
- You will have created and structured your programs using Networks.
- You'll have an understanding of the most used instructions in Siemens STEP7 Professional and how you can incorporate them into your programs.
- You will have learnt how to create your own Data Blocks, Function Blocks, Functions and VAT Tables.
- You'll be able to complete Maintenance tasks such as Verifying and Uploading on a Siemens S7-300 PLC.
By the end of this course you'll understand the basics of Siemens S7 PLCs such as its hardware, wiring and programming components as well as being able to create your own PLC Programs using Siemens Organisational Blocks, Functions, Function Blocks and Data Blocks.
The Siemens STEP7 Professional Programming Series provides you with an understanding of Siemens S7 PLCs and the STEP7 Professional programming software including the background of the Siemens PLC, how and where they are used in today’s industry as well as setup and programming techniques. You will also gain an understanding of Siemens S7-300 PLCs and STEP7 Professional programming software including advanced programming techniques using functions, function blocks, data blocks and how to apply them in programming.
Throughout the course, you’ll have access to STEP7 Professional and the Siemens Simulator, where you will be able to download, monitor and test your projects, this is to ensure that you fully understand how to work with the software as well as being able to demonstrate how to design routines and programs in the STEP7 Professional environment.
This course includes 24/7 unlimited course access, connection to a Live Siemens S7-300 PLC via Scantime Servers and STEP7 Professional software, offline course manuals, access to the Scantime Video Library, Industrial Recognised Certification, interactive exercises and Course Tutor assistance.
Access to Siemens STEP7 Professional
Access fully-licensed Siemens STEP7 Professional programming software, free with Remote Access and use our 'how-to' guides to create your very own industrial routines and programs in the Siemens environment, once designed, you will then be able to download and test your programs on the Siemens STEP7 Simulator.
Access to the Scantime Siemens STEP7 Professional Video Library
Gain free access to several hours of videos covering Siemens STEP7 Professional, including creating New Projects, using Siemens STEP7 Professional Instructions and Tools as well as setting up Data Blocks, Functions Blocks, Functions, VAT Tables and more.
Interactive exercises allow you to engage further with the e-learning courses, making your learning more 'hands-on'.
What will you learn on Siemens Programming Module 1?
- What are Siemens PLCs?
- The background to the Siemens PLC range
- Understanding the Siemens CPU
- Understanding the Siemens PLC Assembly
- Understanding how to wire a Siemens PLC
- Understanding Siemens Addressing
- Understanding how to creating a New Project
- Understanding how to design basic programming routines with STEP7 Professional
- Understanding Siemens Communications
- How to download your Programs to a S7 PLC
- Understanding how to use the Siemens Simulator
- How to Archive & Retrieve Simatic Projects
- Understanding how to use S_ODT Timers
- Understanding how to use S_OFFDT Timers
- Understanding how to use S_PULSE Timers
- Understanding how to use S_ODTS Timers
- Understanding how to use S_PEXT Timers
- Understanding how to use SD Timers
- Understanding how to use SF Timers
- Understanding how to use SP Timers
- Understanding how to use SS Timers
- Understanding how to use SE Timers
- Understanding how to use S_CU Counters
- Understanding how to use S_CD Counters
- Understanding how to use S_CUD Counters
- Understanding how to use S7 Counters
- Understanding how to use One Shot Pulse instructions
- Understanding how to use Comparators
- Understanding how to use Set and Reset
- Using Maths inside of the S7 PLC
- How to monitor programs
- How to set up and use Retentive Memory
- How to set up and use Clock Memory
What will you learn on Siemens Programming Module 2?
- Understanding Shared Data Blocks and how to use them inside of programs
- Understanding Instance Data Blocks and how to use them alongside Function Blocks
- Understanding how to design and use Function Blocks
- Understanding how to design and use Functions
- Understanding how to design and use VAT Tables
- Understanding how to Verify program backups are correct
- Understanding how to Upload programs from the S7 PLC
- Understanding how to use Cross-references and its benefits
No previous experience or knowledge is required before completing this course however, we recommend completing our PLC Programming Series to ensure that you have a full-understanding of industrial programming.
By learning with Scantime, you are learning with an Official EAL Recognised Training Supplier (Centre Code: C001368) who have helped train thousands of individuals and Engineers, worldwide from companies such as Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, Royal Mail, British Engines, Pepsi and many more. Our courses are recongised by industry and are seen as flexible solutions to learning how to work with PLCs professionally to an industrial degree.
This training course includes theoretical and practical assessments for you to complete and send to your Course Tutor, there are 2 training certificates for this course:
One x Official Scantime Training Certificate for each module, outlining all of the subjects covered, this is for the industry as proof on what the learner has understood for when working in industrial environments, these certificates are recognised by companies in industry, worldwide.