Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use carefully before using www.scantime.co.uk (‘theWebsite’). These Terms and Conditions apply to all users (Clients) of this Website including casual browsers.
Head Office Address:
Scantime Automation & Training
7 & 8 Delta Bank Road
Tyne & Wear
All credit card transactions are conducted via secure PayPal Pro and their 128Bit SecureServer, no financial details are held by Scantime Engineering Ltd.
In these Term sand Conditions, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘scantime’ means: Scantime Engineering Ltd., registered company 2004 which is the owner of this Website, and ‘you’ means the user of this Website. We reserve the right to withdraw all or part of the Website at any time. By using this Website you agree to be bound by these Terms, the Privacy Statement and the Copyright Statement. You acknowledge that you are responsible for making back-up copies of all your data and taking appropriate precautions against viruses, hacking, spyware and other types of computer misuse. Whilst we try to ensure that the Website does not contain any error, defect, or malfunction, wedo not accept responsibility for any damage to or loss of data on your computer system, network or server that results from the download or use of the Website or any materials made available via the Website. You accept that you will not have a claim for breach of contract (either against scantime) or otherwise in respect of such period of unavailability. You also acknowledge that we cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions that are inherent in the operation of the Internet and the World Wide Web, including viruses. We shall not be liable to you for any of the following types of loss or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the Website or any or contentand/or facilities provided via the Website: Any loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of anticipated savings, goodwill or revenue; any loss or corruption of data; or any indirect or consequential loss.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. When we make a change we will update this page of the Website. We recommend that you revisit this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes that we have made to these Terms. If any provision of these Terms becomes void or otherwise unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder of these Terms shall not be affected.
We cannot promise that access to the Website will be uninterrupted or error free. We reserve the right to suspend access to the Website between a scheduled maintenance window of 06.00 till 09.00 GMT. There may also be occasions when access to the Website is interrupted for emergency maintenance or repairs or to carry out upgrades to improve the performance or functionality of the Website. Access may also be interrupted due to failures of telecommunications links and equipment, which are beyond the control of scantime. Should you experience any interruption to your course access, please contact support or your course tutor for assistance.
These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English law. Any disputearising between us under or in connection with these Terms shall be subject tothe non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Purpose of the Website
The purpose ofthe Website is to provide individuals and businesses a range of PLC training courses, either online, at a training centre or onsite and any other services offered by scantime.
The materials on this Website are protected by our and by third party copyright and other intellectual property rights.
Third Party Links
These third-party links are provided for your convenience only and are accessed at your own risk. Scantime is not responsible in any way for the content of any third party website or for goods or services provided by the operators of such websites.
Terms Applying if you join Scantime as a Member.
These Terms govern the process of registering as a member of scantime and the use of the facilities provided to scantime members.
Purchase and Registration
To purchase & register as a member of scantime you must be at least 16 years old. You agree that the information that you provide to us during purchase & registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current and complete. We may refuse to accept your application to register as a member of scantime for any reason in its absolute discretion.
Username and Password
You will be responsible for all activities that occur under your user name and password, you should take care to keep your user name and password confidential. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of you ruser name or password or if you believe that your user name or password are no longer confidential. We reserve the right to provide you with a new username and password if we believe that they are no longer secure.
We provide technical support to learners who have enrolled on a current scantime course. If learners require technical advice they should always contact their scantime tutor in the first instance. You acknowledge and accept that periods of downtime may be required in respect of the scantime IT infrastructure in the circumstances outlined in these Terms (dealing withunavailability of the Website) and that technical support may not be available during such periods of downtime. You accept that you will not have a claim for breach of contract (either against us or your scantime provider) or otherwise inrespect of such period of unavailability.
Subject to the terms of any agreement we conclude with you if you enrol on a course via the Website, we reserve the right to withdraw all or part of the Website at anytime.
Provision of the Services and Lifetime Access
Any additional course materials will be dispatched to you after your completion of the course unless otherwise stated in the course details. You will need to log on through the Website to access some of the online course materials. If you are already registered as a member of scantime, you can log on using the user name andpassword provided to you after purchase via email. If you are not registered as a member of scantime, you will need to do so and obtain a user name and password before you can access the course materials online.
Scantime does not warrant that the Services will be provided on an uninterrupted or continuous basis. Scantime reserves the right to carry out maintenance on the system (including the server) on which the Services are hosted and to take it out ofservice at any time. Contact support if you have access problems and they will assist you.
Scantime can provide free use of professional PLC and SCADA software using our remote access to our servers. Students are not allowed to download the PLC and SCADA software into their own computers, however they can transfer any written programs using the FTP facility to have on their own computers, or print out their programs on the servers PDF printers. Scantime reserve the right to determine the length of time a student has to the servers, this to provide a fair access for all students. No access is allowed once the student has completed their training.
The use of scantime’s PLC and SCADA software is restricted to course exercise use only, any student found using the professional software for commercial development orpersonal gain in providing professional services Scantime can take legal action and seek financial compensation for such use.
You can log onto the Website from any computer with the correct specifications and security setup using your assigned user name and password.
Scantime also provides technical support to learners. Requests for technical support outside our opening hours will be via Scantime Learner Services helpline (see end of T&C’s). Scantime will use reasonable skill and care in providing anytechnical support and will use reasonable endeavors to ensure that technical support is available to you. However, scantime cannot guarantee uninterrupted availability of technical support.
Tutorial support will be provided on a first-come first-served basis. Tutorial support in the scantime training centre will be available during the normal opening hours of the scantime training centre.
Should we detect that your account – use of our service is being abused, or disrespect is being given to our tutors, we reserve the right to close your account and disable access.
Scantime online courses will be available to you 24/7 unless we encounter any technical difficulties, which we will endeavor to correct as soon as we can. All courses are available for the lifetime or life cycle of the training course. Scantime reserve the right to change course format during the lifetime of the as technology changes, this is to enhance the students experience in learning, The student will be able to access their course format for up to 12 months after their purchase, after this period scantime reserve the right to close access to the old course as its life cycle ends.
Scantime reserve the right to alter or remove course content if it feels the topics orstatements are no longer relevant for that level of tuition.
Payment Terms and Your Right to Cancel a Course
1. eLearning Courses:
1.1 Payment for eLearning Courses must be made in full before access to the course is granted. Once payment is received, the course content will be made available in the user’s online portal.
1.2 Refund Policy:
- A 30-day refund period is applicable for eLearning Courses.
- Refund requests made within 30 days of payment will be eligible for a full refund.
- Refund requests submitted after the initial 30-day period will not be considered.
2. Training Centre Courses, Onsite Courses and Bespoke Courses:
2.1 Individual Participants:
- Payment must be received 30 days prior to the scheduled training course, once payment has been made, Joining Instructions will be sent to the email provided at the time of booking.
2.2 Company Participants:
- A Purchase Order will be required prior to the scheduled training course, once Purchase Order has been received, Joining Instructions will be sent to the person arranging the training.
Companies will be invoiced on the date of course commencement.
- Payment is due within 30 days from the date of the invoice unless alternate payment terms are mutually agreed upon during the onboarding process.
2.3 Cancellation Policy:
- Any booking fees cannot be refunded and additional charges may apply, however cancellation requests made 8 or more weeks prior to the training will be eligible for a full refund, less administrative fees and cancellation requests made between 5 and 7 weeks prior to the training will be eligible for a 50% refund, less administrative fees.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 4 weeks of the training.
- If a client does not want a refund or is ineligible, as a gesture of good will we can provide an alternative offer to attend on another date subject to availability (NB: additional rebooking fees may apply if re-scheduled outside eligible period, please check with our customer support).
- When refund application forms have been received and charges have been approved, a cheque payment will be raised within approx. 4 weeks. Refunds will not be made via electronic financial transfers and will only be paid to the person who made the payment (for foreign payments, refunds will only be made in UK GB pound sterling, exchange rates may affect amount refunded, which may be less than originally paid).
- Scantime Engineering Ltd reserve the right to charge for any preparation or other work required to be carried out prior to the course and can be deducted from any payments made in advance of the training. If the training site is unsafe and could threaten the welfare of trainees, lecturer(s) and/or any other individuals, Scantime Engineering Ltd also reserve the right to postpone or cancel any onsite training, and also charge for any work done and charge for any losses incurred due to postponement or cancellation.
- Scantime Engineering Ltd accept no responsibility or liability for any losses or other incurred by the client or third party due to cancellation or postponement made due to safety issues identified by Scantime Engineering Ltd. Scantime Engineering Ltd are willing to consider provide another venue when the safety issues have been addressed, and have been inspected by Scantime Engineering Ltd. Additional charges may be necessary to cover additional inspection work, and any other fees that Scantime believe are reasonable.
- Should the client cancel a bespoke course before or during delivery, Scantime Engineering Ltd reserve the right to charge for the following: Any work done in preparing the course, travel and accommodation costs incurred, losses incurred due to lost time due to cancellation and any other fees related to the training that Scantime believe are reasonable.
3. General Provisions:
3.1 All refund requests must be submitted in email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Scantime Engineering Ltd., 7&8 Delta Bank Road, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9DJ, United Kingdom.
3.2 The company reserves the right to modify payment terms and refund policies at its discretion.
3.3 Any changes to payment terms or refund policies will be communicated to clients through the contact information provided during registration or onboarding.
By engaging in our training services, clients acknowledge and agree to abide by the specified payment terms and cancellation policies outlined in this section.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our payment terms, please contact our customer support at email@example.com.
3.4 Scantime shall have no liability to the Client for the quality or suitability of the Goods and provides no warranty in respect thereof and the Client shall indemnify Scantime against any loss, damages, costs, expenses or other claims arising in respect of the quality, safety or suitability of the Goods.
3.5 The liability of Scantime to the Client, whether for breach of contract, negligence orotherwise, shall not exceed the cost of the Goods provided to the Client in the preceding 12 months.
Quality of the Services
We will use reasonable skill and care in the performance of the services. We will provide the services in accordance with the course description which is set out on the Website or which was made available to you at the scantime centre when you enrolled.
We do not make any commitment to you that the content of the services will meet any specific requirements that you have and we expect you to take reasonable care to verify that the course in question will meet your needs. We do not make any commitment to you that you will obtain any particular result from your receipt of the services or that you will obtain any particular qualification from your receipt of the services.
In the event that we recommend that you either enable cookies or download certain publiclyaccessible software to ensure that your computer is capable of accessing the course materials, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right from time to time to change the amount of the Course Fee. The current Course Fee for any course at any given time will be displayed on the Website or notified to you by the scantime centre. In the unlikely event that due to atechnical error, the amount of the Course Fee is incorrect, we will notify you as soon as we reasonably can. You may then be entitled to choose between receiving a refund of the monies that you have paid to us (in which case you will not be enrolled on the course) or to pay the balance of the Course Fee to us.
In the event that you are not satisfied with any aspect of the services, please contact us at the address given below.
The continued use of the website following any changes to the terms will mean that you accept such changes.
By telephone, call +44 (0) 800 756 1011
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or
By post at:
Scantime Automation & Training
7 & 8 Delta Bank Road
Tyne & Wear